Michigan and Indiana Legal Guardianship Attorneys
Excellence is our standard.
We also handle fiduciary disputes concerning guardianships. It’s common for disagreements to arise during the process of establishing a guardian for a loved one. For example, we’ve seen disagreements break out concerning where a guardianship petition should be filed. The prospective ward lives primarily in the Michiana area, but has a Florida “snow-bird” home. Where do you file? Other times we’ve handled disagreements between interested persons about who should be the guardian or whether the current guardian should remain in place.
Frequently asked questions about guardianships:
- Q. What is a guardian?
- Q. What is a conservatorship?
- Q. What is a legal guardian of a minor?
- Q. How does the court determine if an adult needs a guardian?
- Q. What is incapacity for purposes of establishing a guardianship?
- Q. What is a developmental disability?
- Q. What is the difference between a guardianship and a durable power of attorney?
- Q. Do I need a lawyer to set up a guardianship?
- Q. What responsibilities come with becoming a guardian?
- Q. If I become guardian, can I delegate my powers to someone else?