How does the court determine if an adult needs a guardian?

Excellence is our standard.

An adult will need a guardian appointed if that person is either incapacitated or suffers from a developmental disability. Michigan and Indiana differ in many respects as to the process for establishing a guardian for a person who suffers from a developmental disability.

The person filing for the guardianship also needs to prove the incapacity or developmental disability by clear and convincing evidence, which is the highest standard of proof in civil law. That means you’ll need an expert to evaluate your loved one and be willing to testify as to that person’s mental or physical condition.

Contact our attorneys to discuss your family’s needs. Our experienced lawyers have been assisting clients with their legal needs in both Michigan and Indiana since 1978. We offer the communities we proudly serve a high level of knowledge and competence at a value that larger firms cannot compete with. Call us today and schedule a consultation to learn how we can help your family protect your loved one.*

What our clients say about us

Google+ Reviews

Avvo Reviews