Excellence Is Our Standard
Michigan Divorce Attorney For Women
Are You A Woman Thinking About (Or Ready To File For) Divorce, Or Have Been Served Divorce Papers And Looking For A Southwest Michigan Divorce Law Firm That Understands The Burden Women May Face In A Divorce?
Look, We Know We’re Not The Only Divorce Lawyers In Michigan, And We Know You May Be Searching For The Right Attorney to Help You. We’re Different. We Have Successfully Handled A LOT Of Women’s Divorces, Probably Just Like Yours. We Do Not Complicate Cases For Extra Billing, Really Care, And Keep Our Focus on the Best Interests Of You & Your Family.
Why Choose LaBre Law?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – A+ BBB Rated, Highly rated on Google with 100+ reviews—5-star rating on respected legal site AVVO.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule. Our office is in Edwardsburg, but we accept cases throughout Southwest Michigan & Northern Indiana, including South Bend. We do consultations by phone and virtually and have flexible meeting times to accommodate your busy schedule.
- Efficient – Our approach is to be efficient and not complicate cases for more billable hours.
- Highly Responsive – We strive for “freaky fast” returned client calls. No going dark or waiting days to hear back.
- We Take Complex & Difficult Cases – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matter. We do what’s necessary, even in complicated situations.
- Proven Track Record of Success at Trial – While often the goal is to avoid trial, when we take a case to court, we are proud of our high success rate even when the odds are stacked against us.
- Proactive Approach – We help clients prevent legal problems and mistakes before they happen.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We have a personal connection to Probate & Estate Administration matters. It yields genuine care for what you are going through and where you are headed.
- We Keep You Updated – Because you want to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Because Your Family and Happiness Are at Stake – The smoother and fairer this process goes, the better the post-divorce interactions tend to be. This is better for the children (when applicable), you, and your ex-spouse.
- For Clients Who are Business Owners and High-Net-Worth Individuals – We know the intricacies, perils, challenges, and successful strategies to maximize the chances of achieving your desired outcome.
More and more commonly, women take primary provider roles in marriages, increasing the chances of Alimony, Child, and Spousal support being abused. Our experienced team can help you protect yourself and your hard-earned income from the grueling aspects of divorce.
Every situation is different and requires personalized legal strategy and attention. Tell us about your current situation and we would be happy to discuss your legal options. We have the skills, experience and resources needed to provide you with compassionate legal service.
* Required Fields
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an Appointment if requested.
Michigan does not require separation before filing for or finalizing divorce as many other states do.
In Michigan, couples may file for or finalize their divorce even while living together. If one spouse lives in Michigan, you may file for divorce in the state. The state may have limited jurisdiction if one spouse has never lived in Michigan. Our divorce attorneys will handle the many matters that must be resolved during this difficult and emotionally stressful time. We will work with you to provide the best possible outcome for your divorce.
Michigan strives to ensure both parents have the right to time and custody of their child. While this is generally believed to be best for the child(ren), that is not always the case. Our firm will help you construct a case to ensure the best outcome for you and your child(ren).
Hiring our experienced Family Law Attorneys can help protect you and your reputation through a Divorce. We will help you transition to this new phase in your life as seamlessly as possible while fighting for you and your rights.
Aspects of Divorce & Family Law We Assist You With
Depending on whether children are involved, additional aspects of Divorce include the list below. Be comforted that we will never make any decisions on your case without ensuring you have the final word.
- Grounds for divorce in Michigan
- Contested and uncontested divorce, including mediation
- Separation agreements
- Child Support and Enforcement
- Protective and Restraining Orders
- Custody and Paternity Issues
- Name Changes
- Domestic Violence
- Equitable Distribution
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Post-divorce actions (Modification, Contempt, and Amendments)
- Appeals & Legislation
An unfortunate reality in divorce is though you loved each other at one time, each spouse may not be as concerned about the well-being of the other as they once were. This disinterest can lead to stowing away assets to reduce the amount of child support or maintenance granted. We will help track down assets and ensure you and your child(ren), if applicable, receive the support you are owed.
Equitable Distribution in Michigan
Michigan is an equitable property division, depending on what the court deems “fair.” Financial contribution can be considered when dividing marital property, which could be detrimental to you; for example, if you were a housewife. We work to ensure the property distribution is fair for both the primary and secondary earners or dependent spouses.
Partner Abandonment After A Medical Diagnosis
Nationally, women are 6 times more likely to have divorce or separation filed on them after a significant medical diagnosis like cancer or multiple sclerosis. When you need the most support, you may be alone and unsure how to move forward. Labre Law Offices will help you get the support you need and ensure you get what is right in your divorce.
Client Reviews - Labre Law Offices
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
“Responded Quickly Any Time I Had A Question Or Concern”, “Explained Everything Completely”, “Very Quick And Easy Process”, “Focused On Client Priorities For The Outcome”, “Knew The Law”, “Honest, Genuine, And Professional”, “Very Prompt With Appt”, “Was Able To Adapt His Approach To Our Case Throughout The Process”, “Answered All Of Our Questions Clearly And Through”, “Always Checked In With Me And Kept Me Updated”, “Very Caring, Passionate, Dedicated, Knowledgeable”, “Ultimately We Won Our Case”, “Most Professional Lawyer I’ve Ever Had”, “Was Able To Get My Case Closed Early”, “Paid Close Attention To Detail”, “Really Got To Know My Case”, “Great Lawyer And Great Person”, “Price Was Extremely Fair”, “Had My Back”, “Worked Hard For Me”, “Gets Right To The Point And Tells You What Can Happen”, “Understood The Urgency Of Our Situation”, “Solved My Dilemma Quickly”, “Worked With Me After Hours And Some Late Nights Due To My Work Schedule”, “Very Involved In Every Facet His Case”, “Leaves No Stone Unturned.”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
We understand that the divorce experience can differ greatly from person to person. Some people who come to see us to discuss divorce are in the very early stages of contemplating a split, while others may be reeling from unexpectedly being served with a summons and complaint for divorce by their spouse. Some may have an early inkling that their spouse is considering dissolving the marriage and want to educate themselves about the legal implications in advance. In other situations, both spouses may have known for years that divorce is the right option for them but have only recently decided that the timing is right.
We understand that people in different situations have different needs and concerns, and we help them find their way.
Our Location – Serving Southwest Michigan
We help families both locally within and near the SW Michigan Border. Clients come to us from Niles, New Buffalo, Cassopolis, Three Rivers, Sturgis, Bronson, Coldwater, and surrounding areas.
What To Do Now
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Call our law office at (269) 431-2058 with questions and a description of your situation to see if we can assist or to schedule a consultation. Or you may simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office, and you can expect a reply within 1 business day and often within hours of the same day. All information you share is confidential.