We Will Represent You in All Facets of Annulments
When you think about an annulment, you may think of someone going to Vegas, having a great time, maybe too good of a time, and returning married. This is how annulments are portrayed in every movie, what is important to remember is that annulments are much more common than publicly perceived.
An annulment is different than a divorce because it basically states that the marriage never existed, it is cancelled or erased legally. Many people often think that an annulment is an alternative for divorce simply due to the short duration of the marriage. This is a common misconception. There must be legal grounds for annulment.
Common grounds for annulment include:
- Either person was already married
- Either person was forced into the marriage
- Underage marriage
- Mental illness or incapacity
- Marriage is prohibited by law, in most instances this is incestuous marriage
- Inability to consummate the marriage
If you are thinking about an annulment, it is important to remember you need to consult with a lawyer first. Our attorneys are here for you throughout the process and long after your annulment is finalized. We have the experience, resources, and skills required to assist you through this process.
Every situation is different and requires personalized legal strategy and attention. Tell us about your current situation and we would be happy to discuss your legal options. We have the skills, experience and resources needed to provide you with compassionate legal service.
* Required Fields
Schedule A Consultation
Why Choose LaBre Law Office?
Our clients in the Michiana area have confidence when LaBre Law Office handles their legal issues because our general practice law firm has established a record as a trusted member of the community for over four decades, serving our neighbors:
- Caring, aggressive advocacy for your interests in many practice areas
- We represent clients in both Michigan and Indiana
- Straightforward, assertive, and dependable guidance
- Unique legal strategies tailored to each specific case
- We fully address your concerns so you always understand your case’s status
- We will be here for you long after your legal issue is resolved
Excellence is our standard. Call today to schedule a consultation.
Dedicated To Client Satisfaction
What they say about us
Recent Blogs & News
How Child Custody Is Determined In a Michigan Divorce
Divorce can be a daunting and emotionally challenging process for any parent, but for those…
The Silent Struggle: Addressing the Emotional Impact of Divorce on Men
New data released by the U.S. Census Bureau reveals a sharp decline in marriage and…
How to Find the Best Divorce Attorney in Michigan
Divorce can be emotionally draining and overwhelming, but it can also give you a chance…